Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

3/04/2023

Nobody Knows I'm Here (2020)

When we meet Memo, he is living with his uncle on a remote farm surrounded by a lake. His hobby is to boat to other homes and sneak in while they're away -- making sure that his presence goes undetected, even though he sometimes lifts an item or two. His backstory is only revealed in bits and I really liked the way it was handled: we the viewers made the same assumptions about Memo that those meeting him as an adult would make. I thought "he's shy because of his weight" without thinking there could be some other trauma. 

I enjoyed that the story -- though sensible -- also managed to surprise me. I also appreciated that the love interest was just a regular girl rather than a too-far-out-of-his-league bombshell.

B

Labels: , ,