Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

4/01/2023

God Forbid (2022)

First, a few disclosures: I am a Christian. But unlike most who identify as Christian in the states, I believe that abortion is a woman's prerogative, homosexuality is emphatically not a choice, and that someone else's gender is not up to me. Basically, I believe that bodies are a wonder and any way we use our own bodies -- especially for pleasure -- is amazing, as long as everyone involved is on board. 

In light of all that, my problem with the Falwells is not this three-person "affair." My problem is that they're hypocrites who foisted devastating constrictions on others while grabbing their own desires with both fists. I thought this documentary did a great job of blaming the Falwells (and those who exploit the beliefs of others) rather than faith. And it was delicious to watch.

B

Labels: , , ,