Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

4/29/2023

Loving Adults (2022)

A wife who has put her own professional life aside to care for her sick son discovers that her husband is cheating on her. When he decides to take drastic measures, he finds out that he's in way over his head.

This really surprised me. It didn't go where I expected, but where it did go made perfect sense. That said, I have a couple of complaints: there were a few strings that I'd wished had been tied up and I'm not sure what purpose the framing device served. I mean, was it just a story to frighten? Or was it true (within the parameters of the movie)?

B

Labels: , , , ,