Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

4/22/2023

See How They Run (2022)

"Seen it all before" detective is paired with an eager rookie to investigate a murder. The killing took place at a theater party celebrating the 100th performance of an Agatha Christie whodunit, which is appropriate since the investigation takes on that familiar whodunit vibe. 

Though the cast is game, the film is decidedly flat. Basically, once the "most unlikeable character" is offed (which is quite early on), the energy dissipates. I think I would've gotten more enjoyment from reading the script than I did from watching this interpretation of it.

C

Labels: , , , ,