Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

8/19/2023

Against the Ice (2022)

Based on fact story about a Danish expedition in the early 1900s to prove that Greenland is a single land mass so that the United States would be unable to lay claim to any portion of it. When a seasoned pair return to the ship after an unsuccessful attempt, the captain and a volunteer with no experience head out for a second try.

It's a tense story with some great acting. The dangers of the landscape give way to the monotony and mental challenges of being alone for so long. But I am one of those people who really do not understand the need to know things that do not directly impact my life. So, while I was interested, it was difficult to be sympathetic to their unnecessary plight.

B

Labels: , , ,