Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

8/25/2023

Vacation Friends (2021)

Marcus and Emily are a strait-laced couple who travel to Mexico for a rare vacation. When their room is ruined due to water damage, a YOLO-type couple invites them to share their suite. They have a wild time together for a week and, when it's time to part, Marcus & Emily are ready to say goodbye forever. But that's not how their new friends roll.

This had the potential to be an "I can't breathe I'm laughing so hard" movie, but it never got there. I think the direction was the most likely culprit. We were just sitting there bored with expectant half-smiles on our faces that never became actual grins.

Labels: , ,