Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/10/2023

Sanctuary (2023)

I thought this was going to be a scary movie, so the first half hour or so was spent waiting for the thriller stuff to kick in. The film got much better once I stopped bracing myself for a jump and simply let myself enjoy the proceedings. It did take a while to understand what I was seeing and what I could trust.

In the end, I really liked the two main characters. Once we're past the unusual nature of their relationship, I both felt for and was rooting for them. I'd go so far as to say that the woman was inspiring -- not only to the man, but to me personally. Basically, why would anyone walk away without at least attempting to get what they want? As they say, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, so choosing not to try is a loser's mentality.

B

Labels: , , ,