Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/23/2023

The Wall (2013)

A woman arrives at a cabin for a getaway. After the first night, however, she discovers that there's an invisible wall preventing her from getting to town or from approaching a neighbor cabin. Though her area seems to span several square miles, she is alone except for a dog. She slowly acquires a cow (which produces a calf) and a cat (which produces a kitten) and works the land in order to stay alive. The wall almost becomes beside the point.

This could easily be a film about grief or feeling like an outsider. The loneliness and buckling down to just get through the difficult days could apply to many of us at many different passages in life. I was never bored, but I'm not sure I got the point.

B

Labels: , , , ,