Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/19/2023

Watcher (2022)

Young couple move to Bucharest for his job. He's half-Romanian so knows the language and is at least familiar with the culture, but she's a fish out of water. When she begins to believe that a neighbor is watching her window and stalking her, the husband chalks it up to loneliness and heightened fear due to a string of murders in the area.

I found this to be pretty effective. I felt her isolation and growing terror while being extremely annoyed with her husband. But I was never really scared -- just frustrated.

C+

Labels: , , , ,