Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/24/2024

Oppenheimer (2023)

I had preconceptions about the type of person who'd create an atom bomb and none were complimentary. This story helped me understand how a person could do such a thing for good (or at least pragmatic) reasons. Such a complicated man in a complex situation -- I truly loved it.

Though the long run-time made me pre-grumble, I was impressed with the way this film moved along without ever feeling indulgent or padded: every scene was earned and felt necessary. At times, it felt like I was immersively experiencing what it might be to possess a top-tier mind. What a smart, thrilling and gorgeous movie.

A-

Labels: , , ,