Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/06/2024

Saltburn (2023)

Scholarship student Oliver is on his own at Oxford until he gets an "in" by being in the right place at the right time to help out big man on campus Felix. Eventually he's invited to spend the summer at Saltburn, the vast estate owned by Felix's family. Oliver is a quick study and navigates the many affectations of the household despite clashing with another hanger-on from the wrong side of the tracks.

This didn't go where I was expecting! That said, if I'd realized earlier that this was a twist on Mr. Ripley, I wonder if I'd have been quite so entertained.

B

Labels: , , , ,