Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/19/2001

The Bishop's Wife (1947)

I'm a sucker for all things Christmas, especially Christmas movies. I love 'em all -- "It's a Wonderful Life," "Miracle on 34th Street," "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation," "A Christmas Story," etc. But this is the film that makes all the others seem like runners-up.

Dudley (Cary Grant - playing an angel) is an inspiration to me each time I see this movie. Goofy, I know, but true. It's filled with humor, not the punch line kind, but the conversational kind. This is a movie of magic - and that's the best kind of movie for Christmas.

By the way...don't settle for the Whitney Houston remake "The Preacher's Wife," it's a shadow of the original. Why did they bother?

A+

Labels: , , , , , , ,