Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

5/25/2002

That Obscure Object of Desire (1977)

Older man's obsessed with younger woman. Does she love him? Is she just shy? Is she making a complete fool of him? I was drawn into trying my best to answer these questions, but after about an hour I despised the girl so much I no longer cared. No wonder I didn't date much when I was young – I didn't understand the formula for keeping a man interested! There WAS a kind of cool device of having two actresses playing the same role – but it ended up being a stunt rather than the breakthrough it might have been.

In a nutshell: Sexy girl ruins man’s life. Silly man.

C+

Labels: , , , ,