Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

6/14/2002

Any Given Sunday (1999)

Interesting story buried in imagery and so many cuts that I often couldn't tell exactly what was happening (especially during game sequences). Overlong by an hour and Stone hits every cliché there is...young hot shot who learns to be a team player; threatened old player who learns to step aside gracefully; old coach who learns some new tricks from young hotshot; bitchy manager who softens up enough to jump up and down while holding a fluffy dog… At least they were even-handed with the nudity!

But, I've finally learned for GOOD...I hate Oliver Stone and his ever-moving camera.

D

Labels: , ,