Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/02/2003

The Hours (2002)

Acting was flawless and the script intricately wove three story lines together…I admired it. I also admire classical music - but that doesn't mean I always enjoy it. I feel I should praise this film to the sky for being so clever, but it was an exercise in depression -- which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but neither is it a good thing in and of itself. I longed for more Virginia Woolf and less of the other two storylines. If either of the other two lines were a full-length movie, I'd probably steer clear.

B

Labels: , , ,