Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

8/14/2003

Gossip (2000)

I just can't figure out for whom this film is intended. It's too mature for teens and too predictable and petty for adults. It's in a kind of no-man's-age land. Full of "yeah…right" moments and wraps things up with a convolutedly elaborate mindtrip. Would be completely disposable entertainment, but the subject matter is pretty dark...I'm not sure if this makes the film any better, but at least it was a surprise.

Another annoyance: at times the soundtrack was so loud that I couldn't hear the dialogue. I hate that.

C

Labels: , , ,