Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

6/24/2004

Hudson Hawk (1991)

When Gary and I saw this in the theater, we both thought it was tons of fun and gave it thumbs up. We have since been shocked time and time again by the passion with which people trash this film. I was wondering if it would hold up when we saw it on tape with our boys more than 10 years later -- it does. Our kids enjoyed it and I was, once again, giggling through so much. Sandra Bernhard just kills me and Bruce Willis does his Moonlighting schtick to great effect. Even Andie MacDowell kinda doesn't suck and that's really saying something! I mean, how can you NOT crack up at the crucifix intercoms in the Vatican? Genius!

B-

Labels: , , , , ,