Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/20/2004

Going Upriver: The Long War of John Kerry (2004)

Yes - I know it's election-year propaganda…but it's hard to argue with what's covered here. This is the story of a war hero who becomes disenfranchised with the war once he comes home and gets some perspective. He's then brave enough to be a leader in the Veterans Against the War movement. Fascinating stuff.

Fahrenheit 9/11 made me wary of Bush…Going Upriver made me comfortable with Kerry as a leader. If the purpose of putting this together was to win votes for Kerry, it did its job on me.

B

Labels: , ,