Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

3/13/2005

You Can Count on Me (2000)

I first saw this film at the Frontenac alone (Gary wasn't up for three films in a row, so he sat this one out), then watched it again while making Christmas ornaments in 2004. Yep - it's the kind of movie I can watch three times and still praise to high heaven.

This one feels so natural - so wonderfully real. Makes me laugh and cry and think. Reminds me of my youngest brother and the way I both pity him and am jealous of him. I know I'm not conveying this well, but this one is definitely near the top of the movie mountain.

A+

Labels: , , ,