Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

7/15/2005

The Flight of the Phoenix (2004)

Watchable, but you really can't think about it too much -- and if you can pull that off, more power to ya'.

It was the attitudes of the cast toward the plane designer that I just found so utterly ridiculous that I was getting angry at the screenwriters for getting things so dang wrong. They BUILT A PLANE. Are they really going to start screaming at the guy who directed them during this amazing feat instead of trying to fly the damn thing because, well, he's nothing but a model plane designer when he's not dying in a desert?! Give me a break, man. Get down on your knees and thank him for giving you a chance -- even if he was a freakin' housewife in real life, he deserved respect.

C

Labels: , , , ,