Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

7/14/2008

Age of Consent (1969)

A famous painter retreats to a small Australian island in the barrier reef. A small-time con man, an angry grandma, and an uptight local woman complicate matters and...oh, who the hell am I kidding? The only reason to see this movie is that Helen Mirren, a gorgeously young and nubile Helen Mirren, gets naked.

Seeing that James Mason was about 60 at the time and Helen Mirren was in her early 20s (and playing younger), it's a rather off-putting story. But, like I said: Helen. Sans clothes. Let me help you out. She looks like this now -

Mirren2008

- and that's almost 40 years after the making of this movie. Yeah. I know.

D+

Labels: , , ,