Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/27/2008

Bolt (2008)

I was completely charmed and entertained throughout this movie -- and I don't think it received undue attitude bump for being this year's excuse for leaving the family's Thanksgiving festivities early, but I can't be entirely sure about that.

This was my first in-theater 3-D experience (besides the Michael Jackson short that used to run at Epcot) and I had a ball -- the look was incredible without ever bothering with the "eek! that bird is flying right at my face!" gimmicks I expected. I thought the story was winning and I actually bought the provided backstory on why the suits raised Bolt to believe he was super -- despite my skepticism going in. The voices (particularly Travolta and Miley Cyrus) were well-cast rather than distracting because of their familiarity.

All-in-all, a great family night at the movies!

A-

Labels: , , , , ,