Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

8/07/2009

Marley and Me (2008)

This movie looked so durn gosh-all adorable in the previews that I avoided it. I mean...a puppy and Jennifer Aniston pretty much guaranteed that my gag reflex would get a work out if I watched the thing.

Well, I'm big enough to admit when I've completely misjudged. This movie is much more thoughtful and affecting than the campaign let on and it really did a number on me. Big fat tears were rolling down my cheeks and even my younger son turned into a blubbering softie (and I haven't seen that kid cry over a movie...well, ever, I'm pretty sure).

If you've been avoiding this movie because of the cute puppy with the bow around its neck on the cover, go ahead and try it. I was surprised and I bet you will be too.

B+

Labels: , , ,