Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/27/2009

30 Days of Night (2007)

Creepy and original vampire story set in the month-long darkness of an isolated northern Alaskan town.

There were a few problems:

1) the vampires weren't very good meal planners. The way they initially tore through the place was sort of like having 150 pizzas in front of you and taking a bite from each pie while tossing the rest away. I mean, they were looking at 30 days of good eats...what was the big rush?

2) Melissa George. I'm carrying an "Alias"-based-but-compounded-by-"In Treatment"-grudge against her. This was a step in the right direction, but I still wrinkle my nose whenever I see her.

3) Ben Foster. Effective here, but I'm still crossing my fingers that he'll eventually get an "I'm not a psycho" role where he can brush his hair and teeth and maybe even kiss a pretty girl.

B+

Labels: , , , ,