Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

7/24/2013

Chapter Two (1979)

A widower and a recent divorcee aren’t interested in finding anyone new right now, but they do anyway. They’re in love in minutes, married in weeks, and on the rocks -- for no reason at all -- on their honeymoon.  It all gets wrapped up neatly, but I couldn’t get past the doormat mentality of the woman.

I think it’s supposed to be a comedy (this is the movie mentioned in Seinfeld’s ep “The Letter,” in which it’s called “funny....fuh-nee”), but other than a couple of witty conversations early on, I found little to make me laugh.

C+

Labels: , , , , ,