Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/09/2013

Liberal Arts (2012)

I really thought I hated Josh Radnor, but it turns out that I may just hate Ted Mosby, ‘cause this movie he wrote and directed is pretty great.

Radnor plays Jesse, a New Yorker in an unfulfilling job, who’s called back to his college campus to give a farewell speech for a professor with whom he’s maintained a friendship. While there, he meets undergrad Zibby and they hit it off...rather well. The film is deep and has a lot to say, mostly about age difference and why it does and doesn’t matter, but also about depression, friendship, and life in general.

I liked it very much -- there was lots of insight without feeling like some massive lecture.

B+

Labels: , , , ,