Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

7/31/2015

Trainwreck (2015)

I watch Inside Amy Schumer and am completely on board with her brand of comedy, which I think could have been the problem here: there was no way the movie was going to live up to my hopes and expectations.

Although Schumer did her thing, it wound up feeling like a slightly more tame skit from her show with an insulting rom-com ending tacked on. Sure, they had the freedom to say “fuck,” but the other boundaries were never pushed quite hard enough -- or even at all. There's far more innovative stuff on her show than there was here.

My guess is that non-Schumer fans will find this funnier than I did.

B

Labels: , , , ,