Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

8/30/2015

Tig (2015)

Thoroughly captivating documentary covering the 2-year or so period in Tig Notaro’s life where everything went to shit. It exposes her grief at suddenly losing her mother to complications from a head injury, being diagnosed with a bacterial infection and then cancer, falling in love with a straight woman, deciding to start a family, and some career highs and lows. I just couldn't help but fall for Tig herself as she navigated the twists her life took with grace and honesty.

For me, this was a peek into a type of life I'd otherwise never get to see & I'm richer for the experience.

B+

Labels: , , ,