Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

6/11/2016

Ricki and the Flash (2015)

Mom Meryl Streep left her midwestern husband and three young children to be a rock star on the West Coast. Now the kids are grown and she's fronting the house band at a small bar by night and scans groceries by day. When her ex-husband calls to enlist her help in pulling their daughter out of depression, she finds herself back in the lives of the family who’ve had to do without her for 20 years.

I wanted to like this movie. I remember that the trailer made me weepy -- it's that part where Rick Springfield tells Meryl that it's her job to love her kids, not the other way around. But, despite some nice moments, it lacked any real depth.

C+

Labels: , , ,