Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

7/29/2017

A Kind of Murder (2016)

A woman is found murdered near a highway diner. The detective on the case suspects the husband but can’t prove it as he’s got an alibi. A local writer in an unhappy marriage becomes fascinated with the story and, eventually, his own wife winds up dead near the same diner.

If we’d gotten to know the writer at all, I may have been able to rustle up some interest in his plight, but the movie didn't bother with any of that. The characters were all just broad strokes on a screen, going through the motions set forth for them by the story. I was just sighing my way through this one.

D+

Labels: , , , ,