Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/10/2017

All Mine to Give (1957)

Heartwarming/heartbreaking story about a young Scottish couple coming to America and encountering immediate hardship as their hosts perished in a house fire shortly before their arrival. But they put their shoulders to it and soon have a home filled with children. Tragedy eventually strikes with the loss of Dad and then, a short time later, Mom.

This is based on the true story “The Day They Gave the Babies Away” and it’s remarkable. I don’t think it can become a Christmas tradition for me, but I also doubt I’ll ever forget it.

B

Labels: , , , ,