Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

7/21/2018

A Man Called Ove (2016)

We first meet Ove as he is losing his temper in a shop over a coupon. We then watch him stomp around his neighborhood, checking for the infractions of residents and we think "OK -- this kind of guy." But, with the help of some new neighbors and ample flashbacks, we are reminded that no one's born a grumpy old man and grumpy old men don't have to remain so.

I watched this alone and, though I long to discuss this with someone, I'm glad I had the freedom to stop and ponder (and also, on more than one occasion, cry my eyes out). It's a beautiful story told really well.

A+

Labels: , , , , ,