Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

9/27/2018

The Endless (2018)

Two adult brothers are barely scraping by when they receive a cryptic message from the commune in which they used to live. The older brother recalls it as a cult -- a place from which they are lucky to have escaped. The other was too young when they left to have anything but warm memories of the place where they were cared for and never had to worry about money. So, to pacify the younger, they decide on a quick visit to the group.

Things there are nice. And kinda weird. Then very very weird. And then they stumble into a completely different movie that I'd randomly seen a few years ago. I wonder what I would've thought about that scene if I'd not seen the earlier movie?

I wasn't ever really sure about what was going on and that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. So... off-kilter and original, but ultimately a little empty.

B-

Labels: , , , ,