Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/23/2018

Personal Shopper (2017)

My guess was that this movie concerned a millennial picking out stuff for rich clients to wear and then she... steals from them? Or something? So, it was a really nice surprise to find out that I was way off the mark. Maureen is, indeed, a personal shopper living in Paris -- a city she refuses to leave until her brother -- who died in Paris -- lets her know it's OK.

This movie truly defies categorization. The tension was palpable -- as was Maureen's annoyance with her meaningless job and deep grief over the loss of her brother. I was all in from the very first scene.

A-

Labels: , , ,