Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/11/2019

Vice (2018)

All of the tricks that worked so well for McKay when he employed them for The Big Short are back on display here, but they don't feel as fresh as they did the first time around. Though I'm the choir being preached to here, the only thing this film accomplished was to give me some understanding for Dick. I came away thinking that all he did was to exploit faults inherent in our political machine (e.g. the vice president being an appointed position). That's on us.

The best thing here was Amy Adams' no-nonsense portrayal of Lynn Cheney.

C+

Labels: , , , ,