Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

5/22/2020

Remember (2016)

Dementia sufferer and recent widower Zev has made a promise to himself and his friend to find and kill the Nazi who murdered their families at Auschwitz. Because he's so forgetful, his friend has made all the arrangements and written him a detailed letter to keep him on track. They've narrowed the possibilities to four men, which Zev will visit in turn until he locates the correct one.

Christopher Plummer is absolutely wonderful as Zev. I was worried about him and rooting for him to get the job done and find some peace. Although I was initially a bit let down by the ending, after some thought, I'm a fan. Things didn't go the way I exoected them to go, but they went the right way.

A-

Labels: , , , ,