Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/19/2020

Black Christmas (1974)

Earlier this month, I watched the remake of this film so I thought I should see the original in hopes that it's a lot better than the new one. Good news: it is better. Bad news: not by much.

Right before Christmas break, a sorority house is receiving progressively-more-unhinged crank calls. Until one of their sisters goes missing, however, they hadn't bothered to report it. The police get involved as does the father of the missing girl, and -- all the while -- there's a killer picking off the sisters without anyone noticing.

In a word: ok.

C+

Labels: , , , , , ,