Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

3/20/2021

Horns (2014)

Ig's girlfriend has been murdered and he's the prime suspect. When he sprouts horns, everyone who sees them cannot help but tell him what's on their mind -- like, literally. As in, his mother wonders why he won't just go away because she and his father would be so much happier with him out of their lives.

This film is right in-between "I liked it" and "eh, not for me." While I was pretty interested in what was going on, it ultimately didn't make much sense. Was he a devil suddenly? If so, why? I just needed either a reasonable explanation or something so amazing that I wouldn't care that it was nonsense. As it stands, I was entertained for the most part, but the lack of payoff really hurts it.

C

Labels: , , , , ,