Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

7/17/2021

The Map of Tiny Perfect Things (2021)

It's a time loop movie.

This time, we're hanging out with Mark who is livin' loop life: grabbing a mug before it crashes to the floor, stopping a man from taking a step that would result in a dollop of bird crap on his head, etc. But then then there's a surprise girl walking through his scripted life and they, of course, start spending time together. At this point I was like "alright. fine. but why? this doesn't do anything new." 

But then the story shifted focus a bit. Mark realizes that it's not a romance with him as the hero, it's Margaret's story. This is the something new required to justify the film's existence. I mean, I can think of three loop movies off the top of my head that are better, but this isn't bad.

B-

Labels: , , , , ,