Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/02/2021

American Ultra (2015)

A stoner who suffers from panic attacks is targeted for elimination by the CIA. But, by the time operatives show up to carry out the order, the stoner (actually a sleeper agent) has been activated and -- well -- we're gonna need some new CIA guys, I guess.

I'm almost ashamed at how much I liked this movie. It's got all of the standard elements, e.g. a way over-the-top "asshole in charge," and few plot surprises, but it's just fun. The action is well-choreographed and I was rooting for the leads.

B

Labels: , , , ,