Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

4/22/2022

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent (2022)

I have said -- often -- that Nicolas Cage is one of the best actors in history and certainly the best of his generation. His full commitment to even the most ridiculous of his roles makes it incredibly hard to fault him. What a joy to see him in the absolute perfect role. Cage, Pascal, and Sharon Horgan are all wonderful. The packed theater laughed so hard at times that it was impossible to hear all of the lines -- I cannot wait to watch it again so I can catch everything. 

The couple of complaints I have feel absolutely inconsequential in the face of the brilliant meta of the movie, but I'll mention them for funsies: 1) no way should Tiffany Haddish's agent ever have made it into the field and 2) the conclusion of Ike Barinholtz's agent's story should've been on-screen.

Now I gotta go and re-watch Paddington 2.

B+

Labels: , , , ,