Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

5/21/2022

The Age of Adaline (2015)

Woman stops aging due to hypothermia + electric shock (it's all explained in a patient voice-over reminiscent of Winnie the Pooh narration). When people start wondering what's going on, she starts a pattern of changing her name and moving every decade or so. The only one who knows her secret is her daughter. Well, until she encounters a blast from her past.

Wow, this movie is dumb. But it's also incredibly romantic. I think it probably caught me in the right mood because I just went with it and enjoyed myself.

C+

Labels: , , , ,