Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/18/2022

Coming Home in the Dark (2021)

A family on a daytrip know immediately that they're in trouble when a couple of men walk into their picnic area. Though calm, they're obviously dangerous and the family does its best to comply with their demands. As events proceed, focus is placed on the father's history and the men's agenda shifts.

The story is almost too tense to bear at times. The acting is excellent and the film is very tightly edited, but the way things peter out is a bit of a letdown. It's probably the most believable way for this event to conclude and I'm not sure what I'd change, but I was ultimately dissatisfied.

B

Labels: , , , ,