Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/29/2022

Sweetheart (2019)

Girl washes ashore on a deserted island along with another guy who quickly dies of injuries. She's practical -- just gets down to figuring out what she's going to do -- and I liked her for that. But the island's not as deserted as she thought. When the sun's down, an amphibious monster is on the prowl.

I liked how tight and no-nonsense this was. My main complaint was the amount of open-mouthed acting the lead did. Shock? Fear? Surprise? I now know they can all be expressed by arranging your mouth into a silent "ahhhh." I don't think they should be expressed that way, but they obviously can be.

C+

Labels: , , ,