Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

9/04/2023

Halftime (2022)

I know very little about Jennifer Lopez. I've always considered her a mediocre talent I think, mainly, because I don't listen to her music or care about dance, which means that I know her for her acting. This documentary definitely showed me how hard she works and how much representation is at the front of her mind. No doubt she's impressive.

But it's quite obvious that this is an advertisement for the J-Lo brand rather than a true peek at who she is. If you need proof of this, just ask yourself where A-Rod is.

C+

Labels: , , ,