Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/04/2023

Willow Creek (2014)

A couple set out to make a documentary about the lore of and search for Bigfoot. First: I'm not sure who would watch such a banal documentary. What we see being shot is boring, amateurish, and well-trod subject matter. 

I was assuming that the action would pick up once they actually got to hiking and camping in the woods, but nope! All of the action takes place outside of the tent during the night so what we get is 15 minutes or so of them reacting and whispering about how scared they are of whatever's out there. A complete waste of time for me and everyone involved in making this.

D

Labels: , , , ,