Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/18/2024

Veteran (2015)

This is one of those movies where a protected-by-daddy psycho does whatever the hell he wants to and everyone just tries to figure out how to not get on his bad side. It's always kind of delicious when that type of character gets on a good but also scary dude's radar, and that's what happens here. 

I admit that I got a little lost a few times due to the combo of it being a foreign film with tons of dialogue (i.e. lots of words on the screen to read) so that words were often floating over action-packed chases or fights, meaning I had to choose which to focus on. It says a lot that, despite the fact I know I missed quite a bit, I still had a great time.

B-

Labels: , , , ,