Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

9/13/2024

Field of Dreams (1989)

I saw this in the theater back when I was in college. My friend (shout-out to Mike Flippo!) and I almost couldn't believe how wonderful it was. We were in awe. Well, I've seen it several times since then -- enough that my husband was kind of getting annoyed that I was quoting along -- and it's lost none of its magic.

Ray Kinsella takes a leap of faith that a mysterious voice should be followed. His wife takes a leap of faith that her husband hasn't lost his mind. And a practical, reclusive author can't help but jump as well. It's absolutely lovely and life-affirming. Magic.

A+

Labels: , , , , ,