Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

6/30/2021

The Magician (2010)

Gary and I absolutely LOVE the show "Mr. Inbetween," so we looked up this faux-documentary that introduced the character more than a decade before the show debuted. 

It's gritty and funny -- just like the show -- but the character of Ray is less polished and in control of his feelings. I guess that's appropriate for a character that is now 15 years older than he would've been at the time this was shot. Basically, the show's better, but I think if I'd seen the movie first, I'd not have been disappointed and it couldn't suffer in comparison.

B

Labels: , , , ,