Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/28/2023

To Leslie (2022)

Small-town single mother Leslie wins almost $200,000 in the lottery and the whole town is happy for her. But the story truly starts six years later, after the money's been drunk and Leslie's calling in favors she's not owed in order to sleep indoors.

I don't think this is a particularly enjoyable film and it might not even be very good, but it's been interesting to reflect on its message due to coincidental events in my own family. I do believe in second chances, but third, fourth, and twelfth ones are useless (and maybe even harmful) before an addict wants to put in the work to change.

That said, my crush on Marc Maron just continues to grow.

B-

Labels: , , ,